FAQ regarding visitation from National Guardianship Association. While it addresses nursing homes, Alaska has certain restrictions in place for assisted living and group homes as well. If you have questions, contact us!
The Alaska State Association for Guardianship and Advocacy (ASAGA) is a small, non-profit organization that provides tools, resources and advocacy in support of excellence in adult guardianship and conservatorship across the State. We are proud to be partnering with the Alaska Court System to provide support and training. ASAGA is honored to partner with the Alaska Mental Health Trust Authority who has provided generous funding for our programs for FY2020 and FY2021.
The purpose of this association is to provide for the interaction of ideas, education and communication between groups and individuals interested in providing or furthering services to vulnerable individuals in the following manner:
- To develop a network for exchange of information and referral efforts so that individuals in need of protection are provided appropriate and adequate services.
- To educate public and professionals on matters related to guardianship and alternative protective services.
- To encourage the development of appropriate practices designed to improve services to vulnerable adults.
- To serve as an advocate for vulnerable adults, to promote self-determination on the part of those persons and to facilitate appropriate family participation.
- To collaborate with other organizations and agencies to address the needs of all persons in need of protection.
- To facilitate communication and provide a forum for exchange of information and ideas among individuals and organizations concerned with guardianship and advocacy services.
- To encourage and aid collaborative efforts among members and organizations in developing compatible standards and procedures for a comprehensive system of services.
Meet Our Team
Juan San Miguel
For more information or to ask questions, please email Lisa Wawrzonek at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 907-444-4015.
FY2020 3rd Quarter Report
FY2020 2nd Quarter Report
FY2020 1st Quarter Report
FY2019 Annual Report
FY2018 Annual Report
FY2017 Annual Report