If you are looking to be appointed as a guardian or conservator or were just recently appointed, aside from your duties as guardian or conservator, there are a few requirements for the Court system you’ll need to be aware of and follow.
- Within 30 days of your appointment, you will need to complete the one hour of required education. You can do this in a few different ways.
- Watch Part III of the Alaska Court System video. Click HERE to be directed. Once you have watched the video, you will be directed to sign up for a final quiz. If this quiz is passed, you will be emailed a certificate by the Court System. Attach this certificate to PG 120, Affirmation of Education. If you cannot access this online, please contact us and we can send out a thumb drive to do on the computer.
- ASAGA holds a monthly live webinar you can participate from your own phone or computer. You can register for this on our Event Calendar by selecting the date. The webinar is held on the 1st Tuesday of each month from 4pm to 5:30 pm. ASAGA will send you a certificate you can attach to the Affirmation of Education.
- Attend an in-person class. Unfortunately due to Covid-19, all in-person classes have been suspended.
- If you are unable to view the video online, attend a webinar or live class, contact ASAGA. We can help arrange for a thumb drive with the education video, arrange a private consultation or provide written documents you can read. Our contact information is email@example.com or 907-444-4015. You can also make a request with our Make an Appointment page.
- Within 30 days of your appointment, you will need to complete a Guardianship Plan PG 401 unless you are a conservator only. There is no plan for conservatorships. We have a short video under the Educational Resources – Getting Started.
- Within 90 days of your appointment, you will need to complete the Guardianship Implementation and Inventory Report. If you are conservator only, there is the Conservatorship Implementation Report. We have a short video on how to do the report under Educational Resources – Getting Started.
- If your court orders indicated you have to create a written budget and if you have questions, contact us. Most orders do not include this need but certain circumstances will require it. Otherwise, the Implementation Report should provide an overview of their monthly income and monthly expenses.
- Every year you are the guardian or conservator, you will fill out an Annual report. ASAGA has trainings on how to do this report both as a live webinar which you can register under our Calendar of Events or under Educational Resources – Understanding your Role, there is a narrated Power Point. The Court should send you a reminder letter about 30 days prior or you can sign up for our free report reminder under ASAGA Services.