Applications for the 2023 Jackson Stanley Conference Scholarship are now being accepted! The NGA conference our winner will attend will be in Orlando, Florida from 10/14 to 10/17, 2023. ASAGA will pay for the airfare, conference, hotel, meal per diem and transportation.
Applications will be received through 4/30/2023 and a winner will be chosen by committee and announced no later than 5/31/2023. The winner will need to commit by 6/30/23 as hotel and conference space do sell out.
If you need a paper application or have any questions, please call 907-444-4015 or email at email@example.com. Please review the following guidelines as you’ll be asked if read when filling out the application. Scroll down for the online form to apply after reading.
The purpose of the Jackson Stanley Conference Scholarship is to recognize an outstanding
guardian or conservator or supporter living in Alaska who demonstrates exemplary commitment
to the individual under a protective appointment regarding their guardianship and
ASAGA will review all nominations that include the following application criteria:
1. To apply, you need to be a guardian or conservator (any type) in Alaska for someone in
Alaska or a guardianship professional such as a Judge, attorney, Court Visitor or medical
professional who often provides opinions on guardianship matters. This can also include
community providers who work with guardians, conservators and protected individuals.
2. The guardian or conservator should have been appointed for at least one-year prior
application. Guardianship professionals should have at least one year experience in the
guardianship system or their chosen field.
3. Applicants must be living in the State of Alaska and their orders need to be current and
in good standing in Alaska if they are a guardian. This will be verified through
Courtview. If a guardianship professional, there should be no ongoing or investigating
complaints or violations against them in their profession.
4. Applicant must be willing to be interviewed before and after the NGA conference. In
addition, we will request a suitable picture for our website and newsletter.
5. The chosen winner will need to confirm attendance by 6/30/23 as hotel and conference space does sell out.
6. Applicant will recognize that while attending a conference as an individual, ASAGA
expects the receiver to act in an appropriate and professional manner as they are also
representing our State and the important role of guardian or guardian professional.