Unless otherwise noted – there is NO FEE for these services.
Information and Referral – ASAGA volunteers will work with family guardians and professionals to find resources if available in their community to assist the adult they are advocating for.
Consultation – ASAGA volunteers will discuss various issues with family guardians and professionals to provide information so that informed decisions can be made. Professional guardians are available to work with non-professional guardians. We can assist with filling out paperwork, understanding the role of guardian or conservator and many other topics.
Interpreter Services – If English is a second language to a family guardian and an interpreter would be helpful to assist in explanation of such topics like guardianship duties, filling out annual reports or other paperwork, ASAGA has contracted with the Language Link to provide telephonic interpreter services.
Annual Report Reminders – Daily life can get busy so let us help you remember your duty to the Court and remind you of the Annual Report. Contact ASAGA with your reporting dates and we’ll provide an email or phone reminder 30 days ahead and 7 days ahead of the due date based on your preferred method of contact. We can also assist in filling out the annual report.
Education – ASAGA provides webinars over your computer or phone on various topics throughout the year. If you would like to receive updates on what we offer, contact us to be added to our email distribution list. Many of the webinars are then recorded and provided on our website for later viewing. In addition, ASAGA has;
- Monthly guardianship class that will satisfy your Education Requirement for the Court. Held on the 1st Tuesday of each month at the Office of Public Advocacy in Anchorage, this in-person roundtable style class goes over the duties of a guardian or conservator, helpful tools and reviews the annual report. Held at 900 W. 5th Avenue #525 in Anchorage. Other locations are being looked at.
- Quarterly Newsletters for ASAGA Ambassadors. While ASAGA does not have a membership fee, we do operate largely on donations and volunteers. For any donation of $25 or more, you will become an ASAGA Ambassador and receive our quarterly newsletter with updates on both local and national trends in guardianship. See the ASAGA Ambassador page for further details.
- Annual Conference – Every fall, ASAGA holds a one or two day conference open to all. There is a fee associated with this conference and more information is on our Conference page.
- Interested in holding a training in your area? ASAGA does not charge a speakers fee but asks the hosting organization pay for travel costs such as airfare, mileage, hotel if needed and a daily meal per diem of $45.00. We can provide training on a number of topics pertaining to adult guardianship in person for families, professionals or the general public.
- Interested in a webinar for your community or organization? ASAGA uses Go To Meeting and if you have a laptop, projector, speakers, internet, and a meeting space, this option may work for you.
- ASAGA sends out monthly emails on different events and information on guardianship. Sign up for free!
Conference Scholarship – See our Jackson Stanley Conference Scholarship page for more information or a nomination form. ASAGA will send a nominated family guardian to the National Guardianship Association conference each year.
Contact ASAGA via our Make an Appointment form on this website, by phone or email to learn more about our services or receive assistance.